Student thoughts on Student earnings

When students start high school, most tend to start looking for jobs. Some do it just to earn money for themselves, others do it to pay for their tuition fees. Students mention that it is enough money for the things they need or want. The majority believe that the pay is fair enough for the jobs they’re doing. In a survey of 100 Morton East students, 75% of them said that the money students receive for a job is enough.

“I think that students who are working do make enough from their jobs. Many students are just starting and shouldn’t be making as much as someone who has been working for 5 plus years. Students don’t have the responsibility of paying for bills and other things that require a bit more to make, so I think that they make the right amount,” Senior Maximilian Carbajal said.

Others think it matters how money is managed.

“Yeah, it’s good as long as someone knows how to work with money. Having financial literacy is crucial in managing and making the most out of your finances. It’s important to understand concepts like budgeting, saving, investing, and avoiding debt. When you have a solid understanding of how money works, you can make informed decisions and set yourself up for financial success,” Student Eduardo Barron said.

Other students also have similar thoughts.

“Students earn enough since they don’t need most expenses they buy,” Senior Miguel Lechuga said.

Others expand on this.

“I think students are earning enough because if we compare them to how much a parent earns on average, we should see that students are earning enough for their age,” Junior Amilkar Torres said.

Other people would agree.

“Yo pienso que lo que gana un estudiante es adecuado, pero si el estudiante sabe hacer el trabajo mejor que una persona que ya lleva tiempo en el trabajo, entonces merecen ganar más,” Parent Agustín Orozco said.