Teachers Review “Hidden” Auto Shop

Supervised student mechanics get the job done
Gianelle Virella
Morton East’s Auto Shop

Morton East has a hidden auto shop. Do you know where it’s located?

In a quick survey of 87 students, only 42 Morton East students knew we had an auto shop, with 38 of them actually knowing where it’s located. In a recent interview with a number of staff members, they were asked if they would take their own personal vehicle to the Morton East Auto Shop.

“Yes, I actually told my son to tell his teachers I needed an oil change, but he’s not listening. I might just go ask them myself,” said Ms. Lorena.

Unlike Ms. Lorena, other securities don’t feel the same way she does; some are more hesitant with a little sarcasm.

“Oh yeah, I’ll totally take my car to the auto shop. They can change my air refresher. On a serious note, I would, but only if the teachers did the work. I’m not so confident in the students,” said Mr. Danny.

Many people don’t know the Morton East Auto Shop can help both the students and staff with their vehicles. In most cases, they will have to buy the parts that are needed, and labor is free. People can save money, just like the Industrial Technology teacher Mr. Paychek.

“Yeah, I did know the Morton Auto Teachers helped us. I actually took my car in recently to change my battery because it didn’t work anymore,” said Mr. Paychek.

Mr. Paychek isn’t the only satisfied customer. Other teachers were satisfied and have confidence in the students.

“I would recommend the auto shop over and over again! I saved about $1000. They always do a great job and all I have to pay for is the parts! The students can use our cars as a learning experience in class and if not, every Friday after school at Auto Club. I always buy the students pizza since we can’t pay them,” teacher Ms. Genge said.

Everyone in the Morton East building should be aware that we have an Auto Club with amazing and skilled auto teachers. The Auto Club is located at the bottom of the stairs next to exit 11 in front of rooms 274, 275, and 276. You enter through the door on the right-hand side.

View Comments (9)