Morton East students debate candy corn

There are mixed reactions to candy corn taste among Morton East High School students.

A survey was conducted at Morton East High School to gauge students’ opinions on the taste of candy corn. The results revealed a stark divide in preferences, with over half of the surveyed students expressing their disapproval of this iconic Halloween treat.

A total of 100 students participated in the survey, shedding light on their sentiments toward candy corn.  While candy corn has long been a staple of Halloween festivities, it appears that not everyone is delighted to find it in their trick-or-treat bags.

“Candy corn isn’t a bad flavor, but I’m not happy when I see it in my trick-or-treat bag,” Senior Secundino Quinones said.

Furthermore, some students elaborated on their dislike for candy corn, citing reasons related to its flavor and texture.

“Candy corn tastes bad; it’s chewy and hard at the same time for no reason,” Senior Alexa Calderon said.

On the other hand, amidst the critiques, there are those who appreciate candy corn for reasons beyond its taste, particularly its association with the autumn season.

“People hate on candy corn, but it’s so good and it gives a good aesthetic for the fall,” Senior Cassandra Aguas said.

In summary, the taste of candy corn evokes mixed reactions among Morton East High School students, with some disliking its flavor and texture, while others appreciate it as a symbol of the fall season.