As a community of students, we serve to make a better world

Bilingual+Club+Cicero+Town+Clean+up+
unknown
Bilingual Club Cicero Town Clean up

According to an AmeriCorps report, people who volunteer over 100 hours a year are among the healthiest individuals in the U.S. Community service decreases the risk of depression, provides a sense of purpose, teaches valuable skills, improves physical and mental activity, reduces stress levels, and helps people connect with others and build relationships.

With the advancement of technology, there are also opportunities for virtual community service, where individuals can contribute to various causes from the comfort of their own homes. This offers the opportunity for many more people to volunteer and help their community.

Here is a list of the percentage of volunteers each year by generation:

2% of Millennials volunteer each year. 7% of Baby Boomers volunteer each year. 8% of Silent Generation Americans volunteer each year. 9% of parents volunteer each year. Utah has the highest rate of volunteers in America at 51%.

Here is one experience of a club making the town of Cicero a better and cleaner place for all the people and the environment.

“The Bilingual Club decided to extend their commitment to community service beyond the classroom. Recognizing the importance of environmental responsibility, the students conceived the idea of a Town Clean Up initiative.  Students descended upon the town’s streets. What made this effort particularly inspiring was the genuine passion and unity with which the students approached their task,” said Bilingual Club advisor Mr. Joel Ruvalcaba.

View Comments (3)