Chicago’s Pumpkin Patches spring up this fall

If you ask a student for fall activity suggestions, you’ll surely hear “Pumpkin Patch.”

In the city of Chicago, there are many vary of fall activities that you’re able to do. A major activity that is very popular is pumpkin patches. Pumpkin patches are seasonal locations that only pop up around Halloween, they attract all types of people due to the activities available. Many people go to pumpkin patches with their children, family and friends to enjoy the activities and to buy pumpkins.

“I waited for the great pumpkin with Snoopy and Linus, all of my Peanut friends made fun of me, ‘’ said journalism teacher Kent Frankfother.

A pumpkin patch is the best place to go on a hunt for the perfect pumpkin. There are hundreds of pumpkins spread across fields and Part of the fun is searching through tons of pumpkins to find one you love.

Some fun activities that are available in pumpkin patches are photo ops. A pumpkin patch that provides good photo ops here in Chicago is Jack’s pumpkin pop-up.

“I really enjoyed the game activities and the photo booths,” said senior Dyanara Miranda-Michaca.

This pumpkin patch is in the city and it doesn’t require a trip to the suburbs if you want to stay in the Chicago area. Jack’s Pumpkin pop-up has a huge corn maze, more than 10,000 pumpkins, axe throwing, carnival games, food trucks, and as well as twinkling orange light displays that are great for fall pictures. If you want to get out of the city for a pumpkin patch Bengtson’s Pumpkin Farm is a great option. This pumpkin farm has many activities like a petting zoo with farm animals, feeding them, and providing a pig race.

‘’I really enjoyed the haunted mazes and feeding the animals,‘’ said student Lupe M.

Another major activity at Bengtson’s is the hayride that will take you on a trip around the patch and farm and is great for families to enjoy.

“I went on a hayride with my family at a pumpkin patch and it was pretty fun because afterwards we took pumpkins home and carved them,“ said senior Gianelle Virella.

Overall Pumpkin patches are fun for the whole family, and a great time for you and you’re family to bond.

“I really enjoyed the pumpkin patches; they’re fun every time,‘’ said senior Alanis Gonzalez.

Visiting your local pumpkin patch to find pumpkins is a great way to support local businesses. Many Family-run farms are slowly disappearing and losing business so supporting a local farm by purchasing a pumpkin and attending their fall events will contribute to their continued success. Instead of buying your pumpkin at a huge retailer like Walmart or Trader Joe’s, head to your local pumpkin patch and enjoy the unique and fun activities they have to offer. They also have a variety of treats like apple cider donuts, caramel apples, popcorn, and other pumpkin flavor treats.