Tik Tok most used app by Morton East students

Nelly Secundino, Reporter

Tik Tok was the most popular social media platform of last year for Morton East students.

According to Adobe Spark “The 7 Top Social Media Sites, You Need to Care About in 2020” by Ryan Robinson reports that Tik Tok has over 800 million people using the app monthly. Until now, the app has over 1 billion downloads, and Tik Tok hasn’t been around for 2 years yet. Looking in the app store, Tik Tok is number 1 in the entertainment category with a rating of 4.7 out of 5. In a random survey of 50 Morton East students/Cicero residents, 30 said they used Tik Tok the most during 2020.

“Tik Tok didn’t catch my attention until the pandemic hit. I would be bored at home with nothing to do, so it’s when I decided to download Tik Tok. Ever since I downloaded it, I’ve been addicted to the app,” Estefania Arrugine said.

Facebook came in second place with 11 votes. It’s a frequently used app for many teenagers to post whatever they want.

“I use Facebook a lot to post pictures, see memes and see what my friends post on their account. I’ve always used Facebook more because to me it’s more entertaining than any other social media platform,” Cynthia Gonzales said.

Instagram came in third place with 6 votes. A lot of people use Instagram for their business, and many famous people have Instagram.

“I usually use Instagram only for the business that I have. Instagram is one of the best social media apps to expand your small business, and it really helped me out to grow the small business I have,” Bianca Ramiro said.

Snapchat received the lowest votes.

“I don’t really like Snapchat because it can get boring. If you have a lot of friends on the app it can be entertaining to view their stories, but if you don’t have many friends like me, it gets boring to see the same people post the same stuff,” Cortez Anderson said.