Otaku, E-sports are popular clubs

A significant number of Morton East students spend at least 1 hour online playing video games each day.  

So, how many hours does a Morton student play on average? In a random survey of 100 Morton East students, 32 students reported that they play at least 1-2 hours in the day.  

What is the difference between a student who plays for one to two hours and a student who is in a game and e-sports clubs. According to goggle Gaming and e-sports clubs are spaces where fans and players come together to share their passion for video games and compete in tournaments, Some gaming and e-sports clubs offer training and coaching to help players improve their skills and strategies, Gaming and e-sports clubs often organize local events and tournaments where players can compete against each other and win prizes, Many universities and high schools have their own gaming and e-sports clubs, where students can join and participate in intercollegiate competitions, Gaming and e-sports clubs can also be a great way to meet other people with similar interests and build lasting friendships and Some gaming and e-sports clubs have sponsors and can offer opportunities for talented players to advance their career in professional e-sports. 

“Self-reflection is one of the most important parts of being successful in e-sports. Being able to understand your own strengths and weaknesses and then implementing an actionable plan of growth is the most important skill for anyone to work on for improvement,” Mr. Elkins said. 

There are students who think that games with deep storylines are very interesting to play 

“My absolute favorite games have to be the game called, “Detroit become human”. It’s one of my favorites because of the deep storyline rooted in equality, like a choose your own path story. The visuals are also so beautiful, and I would greatly recommend playing it,” junior Carmen Legorreta said. 

Carmen and Angel think differently about which games are better 

“The best game is Spider-Man 2 because of the great playability it has and the graphics, that makes a game better,” senior Angel Zenteno said. 

Some people might now understand why e-sports is so popular  

“What makes e-sports popular would be that it shows you that playing video games is not what everyone thinks and that you can earn money by playing video games” senior Alejandro Garcia said. 

Some students would like to be part of clubs and be better to be part of something bigger 

“What keeps me motivated to continue improving is that I know that if I become very good, I could become part of an e-sports team and earn money by playing,” junior Ernesto Sanchez said.