Students Craft Exciting Summer Plans

Elizabeth Arroyo and their family during summer.

Morton East students are more focused on working during summer break.

In a random survey of 100 Morton East students, 51 will be working during the summer, while 49 will be doing other things. Only 45 students will be traveling during summer break and 55 students will not travel this summer break.

In this same survey of 100 students, 40 students’ summer plans are connected to their long-term career/academic goals, while 60 students won’t be focusing on career and academic goals.

According to pewresearch.org, “Teens ages 15 to 17 are devoting more of their time in the summer to educational activities and less time to leisure.” It has also been mentioned that students are expected to join extracurriculars to improve their knowledge for the next year. Summer also gives students an opportunity to join internships/programs to prepare them for real jobs/careers.

In a random survey of 100 Morton East students, 40 students’ summer goals would be directly with long-term career/academic while 60 students won’t be focusing on career and academic goals.

“I will be able to work more and get money,” senior Yamizel Llamas said.

Students are gearing up for a season filled with relaxation and enjoyment.

“In summer, I like to enjoy the bolies and the water near the lake,” senior Javier Cabral said.

Meanwhile, other summer plans involve working.

“This summer I’m not going to be traveling, I’m actually going to start working and focusing on college,” senior Daniela Garcia said.

“I do want to travel but I’m not going to be able to because I don’t have money and I will be spending my summer in summer school,” senior Dariana Mota said.

Students’ anticipation for summer revolves around the camaraderie of playing soccer with friends and indulging in delicious meals.

“The start of summer I would celebrate by playing soccer with my friends all day and go out and eat,” junior Kevin Rivera said.