Pony Express News

Halloween approaching, more American Horror Story

Jasmine Bonilla and Valery Sosa

October 17, 2018

American Horror Story first aired on October 11, 2011; it was the most talked about show. It consists of different time periods with the same characters but a whole new twisted plot. The most liked season is “Coven” which...

Morton students prefer Bdubs

Pedro Zuniga, Alan Lopez, and Aaron Fajardo

October 17, 2018

Buffalo wild wings is more preferred in Morton East high school than Wingstop.   In a random survey of 120 students, 51% choose buffalo, while the other 49% chose Wingstop. Buffalo Wild Wings was founded in Columbus, Ohio in...

Mr. Toms jazzes up “Star Spangled Banner”

Daniel Medina, Kevin Cruz, Alejandro Ortega, and Liset Bahena

December 21, 2016

 Morton assembly experienced a once in a life time performance from the conductor of the Morton Band,  Mr. Brain Toms.  Mr Toms out- shined and mesmerized  the crowd with his amazing riffs and smooth melodies during the "Star Spangled Banner." During Mort...

Holiday tradition returns to Museum of Science and Industry

Nadia Mendez and Ashley Ramirez

November 28, 2016

  Christmas Around the World returns to the Museum of Science and Industry just in time for the holidays. This annual tradition began in 1942, with a single tree decorated differently everyday for twelve days to represent the countries fighting beside America in World War II. This exhibit ...

Magnificent mile parade kicks-off holiday

Maria Camacho and Jessica Ramos

November 22, 2016

  The BMO Harris Bank celebrated its 25th annual Magnificent Mile Lights Festival in Chicago on Saturday, November 19, 2016. The parade began on Oak Street and ended with fireworks over the Chicago River at North Michigan Avenue. Some popular attractions included Grand Marshal Mickey Mouse and friends from Walt Disney World Resort. Spectators also enjoyed seeing Chicago Cubs Worl...

Chicago’s Christmas festivities begin!

Jocelyn Santacruz, Sophia Ruiz, Dennisse Alejandro, and Tayja Spraggins

November 22, 2016

  Dennisse Alejandro On November 18, 2016 the annual tree lighting took place in Millennium Park, Chicago. The event attracted many people to see the spectacular moment of the tree lighting and a Christkindlmarket where p...

The student news site of Morton East High School
Arts and Entertainment