Your Best or Worst Valentine’s Day Ever

Juan+Espinosa+and+his+girlfriend+Morton+West+senior+Jasleen+Vences+will+save+their+big+date+for+the+weekend.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Your Best or Worst Valentine’s Day Ever

Juan Espinosa and his girlfriend Morton West senior Jasleen Vences will save their big date for the weekend.

This year, you are either going to have the best Valentine’s day ever — or the worst ever.  Regardless of how it turns out; many of us at East have dates tonight.

From receiving cute gifts and going out on a nice date with your loved one to being totally forgotten and having any sort of an embarrassing moment. It’s unpredictable on how your day can turn out to be because even if you’re single someone can still come up to you with gifts and open to you on how they feel about you or it can all be some sort of stupid prank. In a random survey of 115 Morton East students, 65 students reported having a date for Valentine’s Day. 

“In the morning I would take (my girlfriend) out to IHOP to have breakfast and later will take her out to a nice dinner,” Junior year student Alejandro said. 

This is one mom’s favorite Valentine’s Day memory — who has had many great days with her loved one.

“El primer ano que me case con tu padre, que estabamos recien casados y me llevo mariachis,” parent Maria Espinosa said.

But, sometimes life gets in the way, and there’s no telling what role emotions are playing on February 14.

“(One year) my husband and I were in a really bad fight, so we ignored Valentine’s Day,” assistant principal Ms. Carol Best said. 

And, sometimes the day ends up with heartbreak.

“I will confront her about (something she did) and most likely break up with her,” senior student Javier Solis said.