Pony Express News

Opinion: Is it worth being attractive, with all this harassment?

Melissa Fregoso

December 20, 2017

Filed under Opinion, Uncategorized

Sexual harassment is all over the news, but who or what is to blame? Women like to get all pretty up, put on some nice clothes, makeup, with their hair done and finish it up with some nice shoes. But, once they step out they...

Family arguments often happen on holidays

Erika Quezada and Natalia Zambrano

December 20, 2017

Filed under Community, Opinion

Arguments within families are common. When the holidays come, people tend to be under pressure because of all the cooking and preparation going on. In a survey of 100 Morton East students, 60 percent said that they have at...

Retail mirrors lower body image

Perla Vargas, Osvaldo Galvan, Alexis Medina, and Diana Sandoval

December 20, 2017

Filed under Community, Opinion, Student Life

Girls at Morton East High School get flustered when trying on outfits at a store; they don’t like what they see in the dressing room--due to the mirror or their body image.   A person usually starts having a relationship with their body at ...

Morton’s dispute between two rivaled footballers is over: Ronaldinho wins

Miguel Camarillo and Rosendo Guzman

December 20, 2017

Filed under Opinion, Sports

In a survey of 100 East's students, 63% said that Ronaldinho de Assis Moreira is the best, and Christiano Ronaldo is inferior. There have always been arguments over who is the best in their respected sports and soccer is no diff...

Michelle Obama for 2020 President?

Vickey Gutierrez and Breanna Tapia

December 20, 2017

Filed under Community, Opinion

In the Morton East, the majority of students said that they would vote for Michelle Obama as President.   In a random survey of 100 Morton East students, 53% voted for the former first lady Michelle Obama to be a candidate for the 2020 Presidential electi...

MEHS split on abortion issue

Estrella Ramos and Amairany Cardoza

December 18, 2017

Filed under Opinion

 Over the years Morton East opinion about abortion has changed; now, many more Morton east students have pro choice than they use to be. In random survey at Morton East High school of 100 students , 54% think aborting is a crime and the other 46% think it’s not. We thought about...

Attractive equals harassment?

Lillibeth Renteria, Reporter

December 18, 2017

Filed under Community, Opinion

In this day of sexual harassment do you have to present yourself unattractively to avoid sexual advances? A recent column in the Chicago Tribune by Heidi Stevens addresses sexual harassment and the male-centered idea that it...

Does LAC serve a purpose?

Oscar Miranda and Jeffrey Czech

November 14, 2017

Filed under Opinion

LAC (learning adjustment center) or in school suspension is pretty common in most high schools. Although thoughts are diverse when it comes down to in-school suspension. TIME magazine states “In school suspension may do more harm than good”. In Fairness, schools often struggle to find alternatives for kids...

The student news site of Morton East High School