Prepping for Prom

Get started; costs increase the longer you wait!

Preparation can be a hassle, but the only way to make prom happen is to prioritize. Sure, the party bus, limousine or whatever other transportation there has to be a must.  But, without a dress or tuxedo, you won’t be going to prom at all.

My tip:  think rationally and follow this “Level-Headed Students Priority List.”

Guys, complete these tasks in the following order:

1. Buy the tickets; no admission without tickets.
  2. Buy or rent a tuxedo. Or, find a nice suit (you’ll get more use from a suit).  Don’t forget the shoes (some tux rental places provide those too.)
  3. Order a wrist corsage (talk to your lady about her “colors.”)
  4. Determine transportation. Car or party bus?
  5. Groom yourself. You got to have swag.  A nice haircut and facial hair clean up makes you a better date.

Girls, here’s what you have to do:

1. Find a date.  Make yourself available for the asking.
  2. Find a prom dress. If you wait to the last minute, your favorite might be out of stock, and all you’ll be left with are the “leftovers” other girls didn’t want.
  3. Maintain healthy hair and nails up to the big night.
  4. I’m assuming that most girls are waiting for a guy to ask them to go to prom with them but making sure a girl has a date should be one of the main priorities a girl has to take care of. They get their ticket and transportation taking care of all in one. Their next priority should be getting their prom dress. A prom dress could potentially run out of stock and if a girl leaves it to the last minute, chances are she probably will find the leftovers that all other girls didn’t want. Maintaining healthy hair and nails until the big night should be right there as third in their priority list. If the girl has decided that she’s not going to prom with someone then having a plan after prom would be helpful, whether it’s a party bus or an after party. The accessories they might use like jewelry or their purse is on the list, but just not so high. Their shoes could be included as their accessories also. Finally, the boutonniere for their date is their final thing to pick up. Then she’s ready for prom!

Learning to prioritize in small things like prom could help make the night happen and also help in the long run.