Students fixed incompletes from last semester

117 Morton East students fixed their incompletes from last semester.

According to assistant principal Dr. Michael Parrie, there were 539 incompletes on December 26th at the end of the first semester. There were 422 E*s on February 2nd. This means 117 students fixed their incompletes.

“If students ended the semester with an ‘I’, they were supposed to have only two weeks to make it up before it became an E* second semester. But, because of snow days, the school kept pushing it back a week. So, students had plenty of time to make it up,” English teacher Mr. Kent Frankfother said.

However, some students couldn’t make the deadline.

“One of my three incompletes made up the work in time. The other two didn’t,” said Mr. Frankfother.

At this point, it’s the student’s responsibility to make up the work.

“Students need to address whatever is missing and required. This is accomplished by working with the original teacher and/or attending the incomplete lab during night school or summer school under the direction of a teacher certified in the content area,” said Dr. Parrie.

One student gives sound advice on avoiding incompletes entirely.

“I would say that students need to start getting to class on time and paying attention because nowadays, phones keep them from 100% focus on classwork.  Many students are having incompletes or failures due to this generation of phones,” senior Christian Rodriguez said.

By the end of this semester, hopefully, students can fix all their incompletes so they don’t have to take summer school.