Most Morton East students are fan of Halloween themed DIY crafts

daisy
daisy was the girl that carved the pumpkin This particularly ferocious pumpkin was carved by senior Daisy Mendez

According to happinesson.com, easy Halloween crafts will not only  your kids occupied but also stimulate their minds and boost their happiness. Kent-teach.com says that through art, children can express themselves freely, sometimes without even realizing it. Subconsciously, children will express their inner thoughts and feelings through their artwork. Totalpond.com mentions that crafting, DIY projects, and art, in general, can enhance your life by helping you learn new skills that are fun and satisfying. Diyvinci.com explains that William Morris founded the Arts and Crafts movement in the middle of the 19th century after becoming tired of mass-produced products. The arts are linked to dopamine release, which encourages cognitive flexibility and reduces the risk of dementia. In a random survey of 10 Morton East students, 7 said that they are fans of Halloween DIY crafts.

“Yes, I recommend doing Halloween DIYs with family because it’s something fun to do with the family that is stress-relieving and therapeutic,” teacher Ms. Mendoza said.

This can help improve communication within the family and provide a way to relax and unwind.

“I recommend doing Halloween DIYs because there’s a positive outcome, like creating memories with your kids so that they have fond memories to cherish and maybe continue the tradition with their families,” teacher Ms. Zacarias said.

Doing activities like this can also help children express their emotions and provide quality time with their families.

“One Halloween DIY I did with my family was making ghosts from leftover clothes, towels, or old bedsheets,” senior Matteo Padilla said. This student created costumes with what they had, and he and his family had a great time together.

View Comments (3)