Halloween traditions depend on individual, cultural beliefs

Pumpkins+at+a+pumpkin+patch.+
Pumpkins at a pumpkin patch.

The “best” Halloween tradition can vary from person to person, as it depends on individual preferences and cultural backgrounds.

Interestingly, Halloween is NOT celebrated in many countries. For example, Russia does not celebrate Halloween, they are very vocal about not celebrating this holiday seeing as it goes against some religious group’s cultural values and traditions. Halloween is a holiday celebrated in many countries, and it often involves a mix of spooky, fun, and festive traditions. Some popular Halloween traditions and activities include, Trick or Treating, Costume Parties, Haunted Houses, Pumpkin Carvings, Halloween Decorations, or Watching Horror Movies.

“In 7th and 8th grade I would go trick or treating with my friends then we would go to someone’s house after and watch scary movies in the basement, Or in the younger grades we would go to this Halloween block party and spray shaving cream and cover each other.”- said math teacher Ms. Zale.

9 out of 10 students at Morton East said they are not too old to be trick or treating in highschool.

And just like Ms. Zale others like to watch scary movies as well to get in the spooky mood.

“Watching scary movies and trick or treating, Painting pumpkins with my daughter and nieces is a good memory.” said math teacher Ms. Lozion

6 out of 10 Morton East students said they will celebrate Halloween with a scary movie.

And other teachers enjoyed the excitement that Halloween brings with family.

“Celebrating with my little cousins going to my aunt house to get ready to go trick or treating in our costumes and driving to the good neighborhoods to get the good big candy.” said Spanish teacher Ms. Ortiz

9 out of 10 Morton East students will be in costume for Halloween.