Mustang Girl Volleyball Team Ends Season

This years Mustang girls volleyball team.
This year’s Mustang girls volleyball team.

The Morton Mustang’s girls’ volleyball team had some pretty memorable games this past season, but the one that was the most memorable game was against Marquette High School – the Mustangs won the game, but lost a player for the season.

Mustang girls volleyball ends this year’s fall season with a 7 win/20 loss record. 27 games were played through the whole season; the team practiced five days a week.

One of the most memorable games was when the Mustangs played at Marquette High School when a teammate tore an ACL.   This sadly got her benched for the season.

“It was a tough game; we won but in the end one of my players ended up with a torn ACL. So, we basically lost,” said varsity volleyball coach Ms. Kristeen Anthonsen.

Were there any other injuries this season?

“(Only) one ankle injury,” said volleyball player Aaliyah Heredia.

Some returning players feel excited for the next season; some are sad about it because they will be moving on.

“I would be excited for the next season but this is sadly my senior year so I wont be able to enjoy high school volleyball anymore,” said volleyball player Sarah Libero.

At the end of the day seniors are happy of all the funny and fun memories they had their season.

“One of the funniest and memorable games for me was against Hinsdale Central; it was a very competitive game, but funny what the crowd was chanting,” senior volleyball player Amira Harris said.

View Comments (2)