Grey’s Anatomy Best Streaming Show

Jennifer Ramirez, Reporter

“Grey’s Anatomy” was the best streaming show of last year for Morton East Students.

According to 50 Morton East students/Cicero residents in a random survey, more than half said that “Grey’s Anatomy” was the best streaming show of 2020. In addition, interesting background information from a Buzz Feed article on the winning show is that one of the characters from the show is based off Shonda Rhimes the creator’s mother. The show at first was set to be filmed in Chicago but Rhimes later on decided not to. Originally, the show was going to be called “complications” instead of “Grey’s Anatomy.” Also Rhimes was obsessed with surgical shows so “Grey’s Anatomy” was probably inspired by that.

“Grey’s Anatomy was such a good distraction from everything going on in 2020, definitely my favorite show so far,” senior Jocelyn Avalos said.

Good shows are definitely great considering we have to stay home because we’re in a pandemic, they make staying home not too bad.

“I feel like I worked out more than I watched shows but I did watch Grey’s Anatomy whenever I got the chance and it was really good to sit down and enjoy it,” senior Yisel Rosales said.

Having a hobby can help you out more than you think; it can help you mentally and maybe even physically if you’re active.

“I don’t have time to watch shows so I usually don’t plus I can’t finish them,” senior Jason Perez said.

Not having anything to do during quarantine can increase stress.

“I work a lot so I don’t watch shows like that,” senior Jennifer Perez said.

Jobs were a big distraction for most people. Just like some picked hobbies like baking or painting, working was a stress reliever for others.