Favorite Teacher of 2023

Ms. Ellison is the favorite teacher of 2023, the survey says.

In a random survey of 100 Morton East students, 38 selected Ms. Ellison as their favorite teacher.

Ms. Ellison is an English teacher at Morton East High School who has been working here for almost 4 years. She was inspired to become a teacher by her mom and her family in general; she always loved teaching English. Her aunt would teach her Spanish, and Ms. Ellison would teach her aunt English in return ever since elementary. When she was interviewed, it felt very welcoming to her, and once she became a teacher during the pandemic, the students she met online and offline were great towards her. The following year was where she really loved the whole environment of the school; the students and faculty staff were amazing.

“Ms. Ellison (has been my best teacher) because she is a very good person besides teaching. She is always making sure you’re okay and makes sure you get your work done. She always makes conversation about anything – just an amazing person and teacher,” student Rene Luna said.

Ms. Ellison always talks with kindness, and she does seem to be a very good teacher and overall, a nice person to be around, as she does bring out that vibe.

“Ms. Ellison, because she’s fun and makes her class interesting,” student Diana Garcia said.

But Ms. Ellison isn’t the only teacher that is loved.

“Ms. Montalvo, she’s my favorite teacher from 2023 because she always gave the right homework and the right amount to work with, and overall, she was the nicest person,” student Lizeth C. said.

Ms. Ellison took first place with 38 votes; Ms. Montalvo, another English teacher, took second place with 21 votes, and art teacher Ms. Blanco took third with 18 votes.  Many other teachers were listed as personal favorites!

View Comments (3)