On to college for most teens

Jose Mendez, Reporter

Most teens will go to college right after graduation.

According to educationdata.org news’s article, “Percentage of High School Graduates That Go to College” by Jaleesa Bustamante, In 2017, 2.9 million students graduated from high school, and 1.9 million (67%) enrolled in college that fall. Many students plan to enroll right after graduating from high school. Many students debate on what to do right after high school. Whether they should start working and save money, or enroll their self in college and study fir something that will maintain them succeeding in life. This is such an important step in their life because it will determine how their adulthood will start. In a random survey of 50 Morton East students, 38 students reported that they would attend college right after graduation.

“Yes I will attend college right after high school because I don’t want to wait longer, I want to start working on HVAC which is what I’m going to study for, and I want to do it the sooner the better,” senior Ozziel Fernandez said.

Other students think differently.

“I won’t attend college right after school; I’m going to work in construction with my dad so I’m going to wait a little before actually enrolling in college. I’m still indecisive on what major I want to do,” senior Chris Barajas exclaimed.

This question is making students choose one side.

“I will attend college right away because I really want to be a mechanic and I will work until I accomplish my dream,” senior Adrian Flores pointed out.

Others are still indecisive

“I still don’t know because I really want to work but I also want to go to school but I don’t want to do both because I feel like if I do, I will slack on one or the other and I won’t be worth it,” senior Jose Garcia responded.

It seems like every student knows what they want to do with their future after high school and it will be really awesome to see where all these people end up in the future.