Will we ever have a female president?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Will we ever have a female president?

Out of a survey of 100 students and staff at Morton East 90 said that we will have a female president in the future. 

To this day there has only been one woman who has tried to run for president and has had some success, Hillary Clinton — who lost a close election to current President Donald Trump. She also ran in 2008 where she again lost to former President Barack Obama. She will most likely run again in the next election since she came close last time and has expressed a desire to run one last time. Many people want former first lady Michelle Obama to run for the presidency. Many people believe that she has what it takes to become President. 

Many students have given what they believe will happen in the coming future. 

“I think there is a possibility that there can be a female president with such candidate such as Hillary Clinton or Michelle Obama,” Jessica Flores, a junior, said.  

Many people are firm believers that a woman will be elected. 

“Yes because more women are being elected as Congress, so why shouldn’t they run for the presidency,” senior Angie Figuereo said. 

Some students think we have a better chance of getting one because so many women are getting involved. 

‘’(We were) close to getting one last time, so yes we would get one,” Senior Juan Espinosa said. 

Hillary ran and was close to winning.  

‘’Yes, because times are changing and everyone is changing,” Senior Aaron Fajardo said. 

The world is changing people looking at things differently every day these days. 

6 Responses to “Will we ever have a female president?”

1. Cesar Barajas on February 15th, 2019 10:43 am

Having a female president will probably still feel the same as having a male president, so i don’t think it would even matter.

2. Jazmine Jimenez on February 15th, 2019 12:28 pm

i doubt it, hillary nearly one but was clearly cheated due to “technicalities”. if we were to have another woman run they’d just find/makeup reason she shouldn’t be president even if a male running has those same faults.

3. Karina R 1 on February 18th, 2019 10:28 am

It’d be great to have a female president, but Hilary Clinton hasn’t won an election and Michelle Obama has repeatedly mentioned in a few speeches that she has no interest in running for president.

4. Kevin Castillo 1st on February 21st, 2019 9:06 am

It doesn’t matter if there is a female president or not, I think it should just matter if the candidate/president is good or not for the future of the country.

5. Yvette Venegas on February 21st, 2019 7:52 pm

Having a female elected as president does seem possible in the near future. In the recent presidential elections, sexism seemed to have played a role in favor of our current president Trump. However, women have really broken the barrier between sexes in politics, more women are acquiring government jobs that once belonged to men.

6. Aaron Fajardo on February 22nd, 2019 9:38 am

Having a Female President will definitely be a big change considering how we went from Obama to trump. I will definitely like to see how our country would run if we have a female president.

Will we ever have a female president?