At East, majority purchase costumes — over buying

Out of a random survey that was conducted at Morton East High School, 83 of the 120 students said that they buy their Halloween costume instead of making it. This shows that more people tend to buy their costumes.

Halloween comes from an ancient pagan festival that was celebrated by Celtic people over 2000 years ago called Samhain. This festival took place in the United Kingdom, Ireland, and northwestern France. Trick or treating began in areas of the United Kingdom and Ireland. People would go dressed up in costumes and go door to door asking for small breads called soul cakes in exchange for a period.

“Making costumes is cheaper and guarantees a unique one of a kind costume,” said Arturo Guardado.

Costumes are made for worldwide distribution so most likely you will see someone with the same costume as you.

“Many people would rather buy a costume then make one because making a costume takes time, and you will only wear it one day,” said Andres Villegas.

Costumes are worn for one day so they aren’t worth the time and effort making them.

” I don’t have the time to make myself a costume that will be thrown in a few hours,” said Miguel Salgado.

4 Responses to “At East, majority purchase costumes — over buying”

1. Jesus Carrillo on October 31st, 2018 11:13 am

Wow this was a very articulate article cant believe I found such a good article.

2. Kevin on October 31st, 2018 11:33 am

Wow!This article is one of if not the best article I have ever read. I highly recommend it!

3. Sebastian 4th on October 31st, 2018 12:56 pm

I like the information of where Halloween comes from. This article needs more information about costumes. I like the transitions into the quotes. Write Question: Would you rather buy or make a costume?

4. Joseph Price on November 2nd, 2018 11:31 am

I really like making my own costume. This year i made my own skull trooper costume and pickaxe. I wanted a glider but i could not get it to fly. I got a compliment from some kids and my uncles sons