Who will win the NBA All-Star Games in 2024?

Eriberto and Israel are watching the highlights of the NBA All-Star Game of 2023.

Morton Students’ Opinions on NBA All-Star Games on February 18 are all over the place — but one opinion is common: the majority of students chose Team LeBron to win.

The 1951 NBA All-Star Game was an exhibition basketball game played on March 2, 1951. It was created by the NBA to showcase the league’s top talent and provide fans with an exciting exhibition game featuring the best players from both the Eastern and Western Conferences. The NBA All-Stars are the main event of the weekend. The game showcases a mix of the league’s star players, who are drafted by the two players with the most votes.

Marketing and Promotion: The All-Star Game provides the NBA with an opportunity to promote the league and its star players on a global stage. It attracts attention from media outlets, sponsors, and fans worldwide, helping to grow the popularity of the NBA brand.

Charity and Community Outreach: The NBA often uses All-Star Weekend as a platform for charitable initiatives and community outreach programs. Players, coaches, and the league engage in various philanthropic activities to give back to the community and make a positive impact beyond the basketball court.

In a survey of 100 Morton students, 73% of students chose Team LeBron to win the NBA All-Star Game (27% chose Team Giannis). For MVP, students chose 1st LeBron James, 2nd Steph Curry, and 3rd Luka Doncic. For the most points, students chose 1st LeBron James, 2nd Steph Curry, and 3rd Kevin Durant. Additionally, 41% of students said they’ll watch the game highlights, 29% said they’ll watch the game, and 30% said they are not interested in basketball.

Some students had their own opinions on which year was the best for the NBA All-Star Games:

Morton student Adrian Montes said, “My favorite year was 2021 when Stephen Curry dropped 16 threes in the game and finished with 50 points.”

Someone else had a different opinion about the best year in the All-Star game.

“2022 because my team (the Bulls) had 2 All-Stars, and my favorite player (LaMelo Ball) was also a 1st-time All-Star,” Morton student Gregory Baptista said.

Moises had someone else in mind.

“Los Angeles Lakers because they have a good roster of players and they have more champions with the 17 titles,” Morton student Moises Aguilar said.

Another Morton student shared their opinion.

Morton student Arturo Cruz said, “I get to see old head LeBron go crazy in the NBA All-Star game.”

One last person had something to say about the other NBA All-Star Year.

“2016 because that’s when the most players were in their prime time,” Morton student Victor Gamboa said.

View Comments (2)