Morton mixes with other schools at Great America Grad Night!

Angel Miranda, Reporter

After two years of pandemic, eligible Morton East seniors will join other seniors from Illinois and Wisconsin for Great American Grad Night.

According to assistant principal Joanna Rzadzki, Great America is open to all seniors in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin and will cost $75 – this includes transportation, admission and dinner.  The park is open from 10pm to 4am.  Students are required to take the bus; they can’t be dropped off at the park.  Buses start heading out from Morton East around 8:30 and are expected to be back by 5 in the morning. To be eligible to attend, seniors are required 95% attendance, must be on track to graduate, and have no major disciplinary infractions. In a random survey of 50 Morton East students 39 students reported they have been to Great America.

“The most terrifying rollercoaster to me is the goliath because of the huge drop,” Morton East student Jose said.

Others don’t even dare to get on rollercoasters.

“The water rides I know it seems counterproductive but I don’t like rollercoasters,” Security guard Teresa Baez said.

Some just go for fun.

“(I go to Great America) Kind of like 4-5 times a year and to have fun,” junior Rafael said.

Others miss those old times.

“It was fun at first yes it was fun as a teen the rides were exciting I was on big rollercoasters they made my stomach drop,” Security guard Jenifer said.