Covid Vaccine for Back to School

Iliana Terrones, Reporter

Many students and teachers have been getting the Covid-19 shots. 

In a survey of 50 Morton East students, 39 out of the 50 said they will be getting the covid vaccine.  According to “5 Reasons to Get Vaccinated as Quickly as you can,” by Jaxx Artiz, getting vaccinated can have its pros; you can spend time with other vaccinated people indoors without a mask. The CDC (Centers for Disease Control) has determined that people who are fully vaccinated can safely travel internationally without getting a Covid-19 test done. This vaccine cannot interact with your DNA because it is not able to get to the part if the cell where the DNA is stored. The nucleus has a shell that makes it impossible to get to, your immune system creates an antibody response to Covid without you getting sick. After getting the vaccine, many experience side effects like headaches or even a fever. There’s a 90% success rate for both Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. On the other hand, they recently put the Johnson & Johnson vaccine on hold because it has been reported that it creates dangerous blood clots. (The hold is now over.)  

I’m planning to get the Covid vaccine because I want to make sure my family and I are safe and healthy,” Senior Ariana Violantes said.  

I already got my vaccine because I felt like it was the safest approach for my family and I,” Senior Jovanny Sanchez said.  

Some students have different opinions about this vaccine. 

“I don’t think I will be getting the vaccine because even if I do my research, I still feel like I’m the research. It’s a vaccination that had just come out and I’m aware that technology has been extremely improved compared to old times, but I’d still like to know more about the vaccine before it enters my system,” Senior Michelle Flores.