Most Googled pandemic questions by Morton students

Sarai Hernandez, Reporter

What are the Covid-19 symptoms? was the most googled question of last year for Morton East students.

In a random survey of 37 Morton East students/ Cicero residents, what is something you googled the most in 2020? An interesting thing posted from google themselves is that the top searched topics were corona virus, election, results, and Kobe Bryant. Surprisingly on Semrush blog corona virus wasn’t the most googled question in 2020, it was how to vote in India? Another interest fact from Semrush Blog the most googled question in the USA was what to watch? In a random survey of 37 of Morton east/Cicero residents, it was reported that What are the Covid-19 Symptoms? Was the most googled question they googled.

“My Google search bar in 2020 was filled with recipes and home workouts. I was so bored being home all day so I loved trying new and exciting recipes for me and family. I enjoyed cooking new recipes and I didn’t mind how long they took because I didn’t have anything else to do anyway! Along with the recipes, I tried to stay fit while being home all the time. I don’t have much of a home-gym so it was mostly just me looking up different workouts that could be done at home or outside with little equipment!

With that being said, I think the most Googled questions of 2020 would have to centered around Covid-19 of course! I remember Googling questions about symptoms, reinfection, and stats all the time to stay updated and educated! I think there was a lot of fear among Americans in 2020 so it was comforting to have so much information at your fingertips. My Google searches were definitely influenced by being stuck at home due to Covid. I think having more time caused me to start Googling random things.” Civics teacher MS. Couch said.

Customarily us today we google everything that’s going wrong and get our answer through the internet quickly.

“I think I used Google a lot more because of Covid, whether it was to find out the symptoms, or to get a restaurant phone number to order delivery, I did do a lot of searching in 2020. I wanted to make sure that I was being safe and following rules and protocol of the places I went and Google helped me figure out a lot of the information I needed in order to go get food or safely go to my dentist. I think the symptoms search was my most searched as I was working and living with other people and I wanted to make sure none of us would get sick.” English teacher Ms.Lowther said.

Overtime google is going to be one of our biggest resources for life’s big problems.

“What can  help you get your taste back? And yes I googled more often in 2020” Senior Danna Bibiano said.