School schedule to have another hour next year

Bryan Garcia, Journalist

Morton plans to add an extra mandatory hour starting 2019. 

The new hour is planned to take place before 1st hour and after 0 hour. Students will be given the options of either: Integrated Otaku replacing the after-school club, a new Shooting range currently being built on the second floor, Gender studies to replace half of math class, and a gambling class. The average number of school hours in the U.S.  is 6.64, while the Illinois average is 6.5 hours.  80% of students interviewed believed the extra hour to be a good thing. 

Chief Schedule manager Oscar Estario said in a leaked email, “…there will be an extra hour added to the school schedule between 8:00 am. To 8:40 am.”. 

While an extra hour would be added, some think it’s an hour worth adding 

Senior student Ricardo Sanchez commented, “I have 0 hour so it wouldn’t really affect me as much, I think it’s a good thing,” when asked about the schedule change.

5 Responses to “School schedule to have another hour next year”

1. Jonathan Gomez on May 9th, 2019 10:35 am

First sentence sounded believe do to the fact that they just changed the school starting schedule. why are they just proving few classes for that extra mandatory hour? If I were to see this shared by A Morton website like edline, yes I would believe it but not through here.

2. Jalen Jones on May 9th, 2019 11:51 am

The changes to the school schedule don’t seem very practical, and the changes to the curriculum seem even weirder.

3. Nathaly Hernandez on May 10th, 2019 8:25 am

I believed the schedule change with the hour, because we had our schedule changed this year. I had to question the shooting range and gambling because those activities are pretty dangerous and I think gambling is illegal. Would not believe if this was shared with me, morton doesn’t have the funds for it.

4. Jalen Jones on May 10th, 2019 11:18 am

The changes to the school schedule don’t seem very practical but it’s not exactly a crazy change so it’s believable. But the changes to the curriculum seem weird and not believable at all. I would not believe this article no matter where I saw it.

5. Kamry Anderson on May 15th, 2019 11:43 am

because we had our schedule changed this year. I had to question the shooting range and gambling because those activities are pretty dangerous and I think gambling is illegal. Would not believe if this was shared with me