Community park Carnival opens for summer

Kimberly Dominguez and Maria Sanchez

Next year the community park is going to have a carnival with rides for the whole summer.

Carnival is a western Christian and Greek orthodox festive season that occurs before the liturgical season of Lent. The main events typically occur during May and at the end of September. Windy City Amusements is Chicago’s top provider of carnivals rides, games, and food to festivals in the Chicago Illinois area. The carnival is never that fun for only three days. Some people do not have time to go because of their work instead of only one weekend the carnival is going to be for a whole summer. In a random survey of 235 Morton East students, 139 students reported that they would be happy that in the community park a carnival would be for the whole summer.

“I agree that the whole summer the carnival should be in the park. Many kids and parents do not have anything to do only be home with their electronics all day long,’’ senior Lucia Gonzalez said.

Another student feels differently.

“I do not like the idea of having the carnival going on the entire summer. The neighborhood will be too noisy with too loud music. Also, all the yelling of the rides will be annoying,” senior Miriam Jimenez said.

However, some people think a carnival will benefit them.

“It would benefit me. I live close, and I will be able to go whenever I want or do not have anything to do. Also, I’ll be able to go spend time and have fun with my friends,” senior Karla Garduza said.

DISCLAIMER:  This MortONION article is entirely fabricated — false.  Be careful of FAKE NEWS!  Don’t spread lies. 

10 Responses to “Community park Carnival opens for summer”

1. Bryan Marquez on April 22nd, 2019 10:21 am

I found this interesting and a great idea for the carnival to be open the whole summer! But I found it questionable when because the carnival moves around usually doesn’t stay in one spot. I probably would have believed this if it was on Facebook and it didnt have a disclaimer

2. Stephanie Galvez on April 22nd, 2019 10:32 am

This article seems believable because they talk about lent and how the carnival is being held because it is a christian and Greek festive season. One thing I found questionable about this article was why did they only ask Morton students and not other people as well. If someone had shared this and I wouldn’t have known that it was fake i would have believed it.

3. Jose Moctezuma on April 22nd, 2019 11:32 am

this article is very believable because this will make the community great plus there a carnival in the fall,

4. Brenda Gutierrez on April 22nd, 2019 11:38 am

I found this kinda of believable because of how some people work and don’t have the opportunity to go but I also found this questionable because they wouldn’t really stay in one place they usually be moving around to different places and I would have maybe believed it more if it were to be on Instagram or Facebook, it’s more reliable.

5. Karla Juarez Orozco on April 22nd, 2019 11:44 am

This article seems believable because they provided good facts and reasons in why should the carnival be open for summer. One thing I found questionable is what community park is this going to be held in because it seems confusing at the place where its going to be. I would’ve believed this if someone shared it, without knowing this was fake because it sounds very believable.

6. Juliana Rodriguez on April 22nd, 2019 3:14 pm

I found this article believable because it’s true that not everyone has just one weekend to attend a carnival. Although I did find it questionable for it to be up for the whole summer because that would cost a lot of money to keep it running. I don’t think I would believe this if someone I knew shared this.

7. Jessica Cristobal on April 23rd, 2019 11:22 pm

Something I found believable about this article was the idea of expanding the time of a carnival in town in order for more people to attend it. Some people are very busy and do not have enough time to go to a carnival so i think it would be a good idea. Something i did not find believable was that it was going to be open for the whole summer. I think that would be too expensive seeing as it is likely that less people would come each day because it might get tiresome. I would not have believed this article if it was posted on social media.

8. Edrian miranda on April 26th, 2019 9:08 am

I find believable that the carnival happens every year. I find it questionable that they have it open for the whole year. If I saw this on social media I would not believe this

9. Dante Ponce on May 6th, 2019 12:11 pm

I find this believable because i know lots of people who miss out on the carnival every time it comes around because of work schedules and the fact that it would raise tons of money for the community. what isn’t believable is the fact that the residents near living near where the park is would agree with it happening because it would cause lack of sleep. this seems like fake news mostly because it sounds too good to be true

10. Jalen Jones on May 10th, 2019 11:25 am

The idea of the article seems realistic and believable, but with articles about events I usually fact check them because I might be interested in going. So, I wouldn’t believe this article without confirming it with another source.