Pizza Hut is on the rise for Morton students

Melanie Palenica, Reporter

Out of Pizza Hut, Domino’s, and Little Caesars, Pizza Hut is the most popular pizzeria to get pizza in Cicero for students at Morton East.

Pizza Hut was founded on June 15, 1958, by two university students who happened to be brothers, Dan and Frank Carney, as a single location in Wichita, Kansas. After seeing some progress in sales months later they opened a second channel subsequently after a year they had six Pizza Hut restaurants. Since then, sales have skyrocketed. As a manager and employee, we have seen sales rise as during the Super Bowl and Valentine’s Day; those are the busiest days of the year so far recently, Pizza Hut sales have been increasing compared to their forecasted sales. This past Tuesday Pizza Hut was set to sell $3,000 but ended up making $5,000 on just a regular Tuesday. In a random survey of 50 Morton East Students 30 said that Pizza Hut is their first pick when ordering pizza.

“We take pride in having good deals, better quality and more of a variance regarding pizza than any other Pizza place although Domino’s has more items on their menu,” Pizza Hut regional general manager (RGM) Paul Garcia said

Ordinarily, others at Pizza Hut agree.

“The customers love our Stuffed Crust pizza we carry; we also have books that are given to students for reading. This encourages students to read for exchange of a 4-piece personal pizza” Pizza Hut Cook William Corona said.

Interestingly, others have a different set of opinions and tastes.

“We go to a place called “Time out Sports Pizzeria & Grill.” This place has one of the best pizzas I’ve had; once you take a bite out of the slice you can taste the flavor hitting you. But, if we are really hungry and my dad is home we will just have some Little Caesar’s pizza since it’s closer and cheaper. plus who doesn’t love Little Caesars? For $5, I couldn’t ask for anything better than that,” Morton East student Josue Diaz said.

On the other hand, Domino lovers have an opinion.

“Personally, I love eating at Domino’s because it is not ridiculously expensive; they also add lots of seasoning to their crust and the pizza in general,” Morton East Senior Felipe Vazquez said.