Pony Express News

Are teens still trick-or-treating?

Pony Express News, reporters

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

Morton Pony Express News surveyed 100 high school students and asked if they still went trick or treating.

A very low of 21% said that they still did, and most of them said their only reason was to take their siblings. The remaining 79 percent said they have “outgrown” that phase in life because “(trick-or-treating) is too childish.”  Some students in the minority who still trick-or-treat said they enjoyed going to receive the free candy.

“It’s only once a year, so why not take advantage of the candy,” said one student who wants to remain anonymous.

There are still teenagers out there in the world still going trick or treating with their friends and enjoying it. The 21% said they will trick or treat until their high school days are over before they become adults — which for them was when they turned 18.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

5 Responses to “Are teens still trick-or-treating?”

  1. Natally Rodriguez on November 6th, 2018 8:31 pm

    I think trick-or-treating for me at least has always been an important part of family traditions , ever since I can remember I would go trick-or-treating with my family and even though i’m currently 17 I still went trick-or-treating this year. I believe its all based on personal opinions on whether people believe they are to old to trick-or-treat or if they believe they should still trick-or-treat because they are not 18 yet. Personally I don’t place much importance on the fact that i’m 17 and still went trick-or-treating because I still find that Its something that I enjoy even though most people believe thick-or-treating is just for kids, as long as you are doing something you enjoy and being safe I don’t see nothing wrong with it even if people believe you are too old.

  2. Vanesssa R on November 7th, 2018 2:20 am

    I don’t think kids our age should feel that they are too old to go trick-or-treating. We are still young, and while being in high school, that should still be an excuse to go trick-or-treating. Most kids our generation feel old when they are just beginning to grow. In fact, us kids should still take advantage of this tradition before we become old.

  3. Gustavo Rocha on November 7th, 2018 9:55 am

    I appreciate this article because it lets me know that there still teens trick or treating, although i only went for my sibling as well as stated in the article its good to see people still finding the kid in themselves. Although i do wish people my age in their teens continued to do so, its still fun to see others enjoy. Great short read!

  4. Gustavo Rocha on November 7th, 2018 9:59 am

    This article is a fun read. It allows us to see that theirs still people who enjoy the holiday for what is and go get candy on this day that comes one time a year! I too went, but for my sibling but i see many people enjoying themselves whether they take their siblings or going for their own gain. Great small read!

  5. Angela Ramirez on November 9th, 2018 9:18 am

    i dont feel like trick or treating is childish but sadly most people do :(, many adults giving out candy wont even open the door id you look too old.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

The student news site of Morton East High School
Are teens still trick-or-treating?