Morton East Students Decide Least Used Social Media

Dannia Olivares, Reporter

The majority of Morton students came to the result that Twitter was the least used social media app.

In a random survey of 50 Morton East students, 37 of students voted on twitter being their least used social media app. According to The good monster, “the general public has been starting to write the network off the past few months, while investors also aren’t pleased with Twitter’s declining stock price”.  Compared to the other apps Twitter was ranked the highest for least used and apps such as Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat, more popular and used. In today’s time, it’s assumed that people enjoy more activity within an app its hard to do that with an app like Twitter. As well as when asking students they said that being on Twitter really isn’t engaging for them nor is calling their attention as well. Another important fact according to Forbes is that “Twitter is fading. Fast. In the last six years, it has dropped by 100 million tweeting users per day, plummeting from an average of 350 million posting users to just 250 million, while its total tweet volume has dropped from  500 million tweets to just 300 million tweets” — which is a very huge loss that Twitter is facing. As the years keep going on their popularity seems to be losing more and more and at a faster rate. But, somehow they are still in the clear with losing millions of users to still be running in today’s time.

“I feel like I’ve outgrown using Twitter, it just doesn’t call my attention and the only time I’m ever active on the app is just to see the recent news,” said Senior Nicole Villa.

Many students do see Twitter as more of news app since it just promotes heavily on what is mostly going on around the world.

“I mainly use apps like Facebook and Snapchat since they are more enjoyable and socially active unlike Twitter is and just doesn’t interest me to ever use it,” said Senior Jesus Roman.

Apps like Facebook has been shown to have 2.27 billion monthly users each month back in 2018, which shows the popularity it attracts within the app to have over two billion users active a month, However some may feel differently and feel that other apps such as Facebook isn’t as relevant anymore.

“An app that I least used would have to be Facebook since I really don’t engage in it and it seems to be slowly dying off and I just don’t even open the app anymore,” said College Student Samantha Olivares.

Nowadays it’s harder to make newer apps to get to stick and gather the attention of users if it isn’t anything that isn’t interesting to them anymore, most of the time people just open the app once and never even bother to open it again.

“I have to say that nobody really goes on Facebook anymore and it has gotten boring. Plus there are other platforms such as Instagram and Snapchat that does the same thing as Facebook but are essentially better,” said Senior Christopher Padilla.

In today’s time other apps are starting to outshine and gather the popularity of people since they are discovering and adding more frequent updates to it the needs that they know people would enjoy which is why people don’t see the purpose on continuing to use apps like Twitter or Facebook since they aren’t really seen as high competition from apps like Instagram or Snapchat.