Most students have iPhones

Vanessa Perez, Mariana Pelayo, and Nathan Claro

According to a random survey made at Morton East High School, out of 126 students, only 5 don’t own an iPhone.

One hundred twenty-one students do own an iPhone and 30 students own the newest and most expensive iPhone — that is over $1,000!  According to Quora.com, the current global population is at about 7.4 billion and 33.33% of smartphone users are iPhone users.

Sophomore Adrian Salto said, “My opinion is that I really like Apple products because they are really nice, I even got the Air pods when they first came out and I use them every day.”

Another student felt differently though.

Justin Chapa said, “I feel like it’s pointless to pay over a thousand dollars for an Apple phone when my Samsung functions the same.”

With shown results, the popularity of iPhone products at Morton East was actually pretty high with 121 students owning one.

3 Responses to “Most students have iPhones”

1. Citlaly Camargo on February 12th, 2019 10:39 am

Many people have their own opinions and in my opinion I like apple way better even though the apple products are really expensive like how the article states. as a person who has had both i prefer apple because i feels like it works faster then samsung products and the quality is good. Right now i have the iPhone Xr which is one of the newest ones and and the cheapest too. Then again people may think that samsung/android is better than apple products.

2. Angela Moran on February 12th, 2019 11:14 am

I think that apple products are nicer and most people do have them but i agree with Justin Chapa. Samsung and other phone brands work just the same. The only difference might be that apple products cost more just because they look nicer, are more modern, or most people simply just support them more. Sure they might have better quality but the difference in quality really isn’t that much. I agree that most people do have iPhones and other apple products because its really visible in friend groups. You look around and you will clearly see that apple is more popular but i think its just another popular thing that most people are getting to fit in with everyone else.

3. denise ceballos on February 13th, 2019 10:10 am

I dont think that it matters if the students have iphones or android. Sure there are more people with iphones but the point is that they can comunicate. even though ive seen a lot of people with basic phone.

Most students have iPhones