At East, students wants cars, over trucks

Courtesy of Target, LEGO DUPLO

More students at Morton East prefer cars over trucks. 

In a random survey of 100 Morton East students, 60% students reported to prefer cars than trucks. One of the benefits of having a car is gas mileage, cars can give up to 30 to 40mpg in the city. While trucks, since they have such larger engines,  gas runs out faster and can only give 20 to 25 MPG.  Cars (because of taxes) tend to be very expensive, and fuel to drive them is very expensive as well. Currently, “yellow vest” protests are happening in France – due in part to the increase in cost of car fuel (diesel). 

“I prefer a car than a truck because I’ve always been a fan of racing and speed,” Jose Torrez, senior at Morton, said. 

Some people prefer cars not because of looks as long it has speed but other might not think the same. 

“I’ll rather have a truck because its better in the winter and my dream truck has been the 2013 Chevy Silverado,” Chris Guerrero, junior at Morton, said. 

For some people, it all depends on their dream vehicle and how good it is. 

“I prefer a truck because it can fit more people and I feel like trucks look better than cars. Looks is important to me and my dream truck is a Jeep Cherokee” Alex Corona, senior at Morton, said. 

4 Responses to “At East, students wants cars, over trucks”

1. Jorge2 on January 10th, 2019 10:27 am

I would have to agree with the cars because trucks are very big had they are really hard to find parking space and it really hard to park the trucks in a parking spot.

2. Jorge Gomez on January 10th, 2019 10:37 am

I would agree.

3. Jacqueline R. on January 10th, 2019 11:07 am

I honestly would rather have a car over a truck because my dad has had only trucks whenever he wanted to buy one. He owned 2 trucks and they were both blue. I want a car just like the equinox because my brother had a black one and i loved how it looked like and all of the things that the car has.

4. Victor M on January 10th, 2019 12:07 pm

I would personally pick a car over a truck any day because cars are small and are able to fit in small places while the trucks take up a lot of space. Plus, trucks use more gas than cars so that is another disadvantage of trucks. My family owns a trucks and the amount of money that is used to fully fill the gas tank a week is over $60.