COVID-19 Losses for Morton

Rosadelia Ortega, Reporter

The majority of students at Morton East have been fortunate enough not to encounter any loss caused by the pandemic.

According to worldhealthorganization.com, There are nearly 126.5 million confirmed cases of individuals with COVID-19 around the globe and more than 2.8 million people that have passed away from the infection. The pandemic has affected 219 countries and territories. New records of infections and hospitalizations are regularly being set. It has become the leading cause of death in the United States as of early 2021. In a random poll of COVID-19 Loss Morton East students report the majority of students have not lost anyone due to the pandemic.

“I personally haven’t lost anyone to the pandemic, I’m not sure what I would do if I had though since it would have been difficult to be with my loved ones due to the pandemics restrictions,” senior Maria Garcia said.

Another Morton East student experienced differently.

“I lost my aunt and uncle to COVID-19. It was hard losing them since they where close to my family and I would see them often,” junior Jasmine Macias said.

While many students are experiencing grief others have not experienced loss during these times.

“I’m lucky to say I haven’t lost anyone to this pandemic because I know many wouldn’t be able to say the same,” sophomore Daniela Perez said.