Morton East Opens New Clinic

Morton East High School is opening a new clinic in this upcoming October 1 — available to only students in District 201. 

The new clinic is located on the first floor of Morton East room 146. Cook County, District 201 and Corazon are collaborating to provide more health resources to the students. The new services are very versatile: general checkups, illnesses, physicals, pregnancies, STD testing, contraceptives etc, and everything is confidential. The clinic is open on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:30am-4:30 pm, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am-5pm. In a random survey of 120 Morton East students, 98% of the students don’t know where the new clinic is located.    

“I’m not aware of the new clinic; I thought it was the nurse’s office on the second floor,” junior Arturo Acevedo said. 

Although many aren’t fully aware where the new clinic is located, it is very beneficial and should be talked upon more. 

“We want the kids to take a tour… we are particularly interested in the seniors to take a tour of the clinic and have a good health checkup and to ask any question so that way they can be prepared with their healthcare going into adulthood. Having a tour will let them know that the help is there,” Candida Flores said. 

Many of the staff think it’s important that healthcare be easily accessible to all students otherwise, students will not seek it out. 

“I think anything that makes healthcare organized, accessible, and close is beautiful,” Mr. Sujak, director of Snowball and literacy lab teacher, said. 

1 Comment

One Response to “Morton East Opens New Clinic”

1. Anna L Hernandez on October 31st, 2018 11:22 pm

I think it is a good thing to have a new clinic. I feel like it makes the school a little safer, in a way, because it shows that the school cares for the students health. I think it is also good for those who might need this type of help and since it is in school, it makes it more convenient to go during or after school hours.

Morton East Opens New Clinic