Tik tok’s popularity

Maria Noriega, Reporter

Dances was the most popular Tiktok last year for Morton students. In a random survey of Tiktok Cicero residents said dancing Tiktok’s are better. According to brandastic.com “What is Tiktok? Why is It popular? By Danial At first Tiktok got most popular by people dancing and lip-syncing with over “200 Million users” in mid-2017. “TikTok became the most downloaded app on the Apple App store in early 2018, surpassing Instagram, WhatsApp, and YouTube.” Danial said. Funny came in second place with sixteen point seven percent votes. Funny is also a popular Tiktok choice because everyone has a good time with a laugh which brings more audience in. “because of the funny content, the app began to increase in popularity very quickly.” Danial included in his article. Educational came in third with sixteen point seven percent votes. Educational Tiktok can help kids interact more with school work and in a fun way. “While entertainment seems to be the main draw at the moment, there is an increase in both educational,…”Danial said. Business related Tiktok received the fewest votes. “Business Tiktok is not as eye catching as the rest but it sure is helpful and it will begin to increase in popularity” Danial explained.