Halloween movie returns to terrify 40 years later

40 years later, Laurie Stroud turns the tables on Michael Myers -- and the hunted becomes the hunter.

Coutesy of toofab.com

The movie Halloween 2018 written by John Carpenter and Debra Hill and directed by David Gordon Green was released on October 19, 2018. Classified as rated R.  

Coutesy of toofab.com
40 years later, Laurie Stroud turns the tables on Michael Myers — and the hunted becomes the hunter.

Halloween has been the biggest horror movie opening with female lead. The new Halloween movie made box office history the weekend that it was released. Making a gross of roughly over 76million between that Friday and that Sunday. Laurie Strode was imprisoned in her own home still scared of serial killer Michael Myers after 40 years of being ferociously being attacked by him. Michael manages to escape the institution he was in. Michael returns to Haddonfield, Illinois and continues to kill people and this time Laurie is out to haunt him down. What people enjoy about this movie is the good old-fashioned suspense of mystery. Many of the cast that came up in the first sequel back in October 25, 1978 came out to be in this new Halloween movie. The new movie is a sequel to the very first Halloween movie that came out 40 years ago.  In a random survey of 120 Morton East students, 80% of the students have watched the new Halloween 2018 horror movie. 

“(It’s) the best movie I”ve seen this year. (I’ve) seen it twice, and I don’t mind seeing It again,” senior Destiny Alonso said. 

Although most reviews are great not everyone is easily scared off. 

“Movie was not good at all. Movie was not what I expected. More funny than scary,” senior Cassandra Aguilar said.   

The chance of younger people getting scared is higher than an adult.   

“After seeing this, I’m scared to go trick or treating,” my freshman cousin David Alvarez said.

8 Responses to “Halloween movie returns to terrify 40 years later”

1. Alejandra on October 31st, 2018 10:32 am

I have not watched the movie yet but everyone has been talking about it. I tried getting tickets the first week it came out and they were sold out! I hope it’s as good everyone has said. What was the best part?

2. Yvette2 on October 31st, 2018 10:33 am

The first movie was pretty scary. I have not yet seen the sequel. I think it’s interesting that it was one of the biggest horror movies to open with a female lead especially because woman were treated differently back then.

3. Alan Lopez on October 31st, 2018 10:35 am

Good Background info, as a person who hasn’t watched the movie i got an idea of what it was about. I feel like the title is misleading as it didn’t relate to the story, why that title?

4. Lyla on October 31st, 2018 10:37 am

Being that i don’t care for scary movies the background information, was helpful to understand the emotions towards the movie. To those who love scary movies said it wasn’t scary but, to others it could be the scariest thing ever. Compared to the original Halloween movie what made this one not scary or better ?

5. Jorge Pd 2 on October 31st, 2018 10:37 am

the movie was very super scary i’m not gonna lie about that. and also the movie is one of the most scariest movie out in the world. at last they survive in the movie. but although it was a good movie i would give the movie 0 to a 100 real quick

6. Alexander p4 on October 31st, 2018 12:30 pm

I saw that movie and there was to much hype around it. It didn’t have any good pop ups, and wasn’t scary at all.

7. Antonio Rojas on October 31st, 2018 5:04 pm

I’ve been wanting to watch this movie, I’m a big fan of scary movies and I fan of the first sequel. The thriller isn’t that good but there is a lot of hype about this movie.

8. Antonio Rojas on October 31st, 2018 5:04 pm

I’ve been wanting to watch this movie, I’m a big fan of scary movies and I fan of the first sequel. The thriller isn’t that good but there is a lot of buzz about this movie.