Pony Express News

East still believes in Santa

Angel Moreno and Bryan Gonzalez

December 8, 2017

Filed under Student Life

Morton East still believes in Santa Claus –at least some of us do. In a survey of 100 Morton East students, 39% stop believing in Santa between the ages of 6-8, 15% never believed, and a surprising 13% said they still believe in St. Nick.  (W...

Holidays are here, time to bust out your holiday meals

Sebastian Munoz and Sebastian Organista

December 8, 2017

Filed under Student Life

Is there a traditional meal your family prepares for Christmas?  In a survey of 100 random Morton East student, only 2% had said that they do not have a special holiday food. Christmas is celebrated around the world with each...

Small piece of East keeps New Year’s resolutions

Elizabeth Abarca, Wendy Aguirre, Reyna Rebolledo, and Lilly Renteria

December 8, 2017

Filed under Showcase, Student Life

Do you plan on following through with your New Year's resolution(s) for next year?  Only 22% of Morton East students followed through with their New Year's resolutions last year.  A survey taken at Morton East High school of sophomores, juniors and seniors asked, “What were your New Year’s resolution(...

Tamales eaten on Christmas

Estrella Ramos, Amairany Cardoza

December 8, 2017

Filed under Community, Student Life

Tamales is the most common meal Morton East students eat on Christmas. In a random survey of 100 students, 76% eat tamales during the holidays even if they are from different cultures, the other 24% have different meals. But, not everyone prefers Mexican food for the holidays. "I'm definitely lo...

No sleep caused by nightmares

Yseli Tellez, Reporter

November 16, 2017

Filed under Community, Student Life

Restless night? It seems so. Students at Morton East High School have their fair share of nightmares. In a random survey of 100 sophomore, junior and senior Morton East students 16% say they often have nightmares, 49% say they...

Overdue Madness

Sebastian Organista and Sebastian Munoz

November 6, 2017

Filed under Community, Student Life

Do you have a book that is overdue?   At the moment there are 997 overdue books, and there are books that are currently over a year overdue from active students. There are currently no real penalties for overdue books, but if the book is lost or d...

The student news site of Morton East High School
Student Life