Pony Express News

Halloween’s scariest moments: Mummies, monkeys and murderers that weren’t there

Aurelio Servin Hugo, Jesus Andrade, Dominic Nixon, Josue Puentes, and Alexander Ornelas

October 29, 2018

Filed under Community, Halloween Special

When we asked Morton East students what their scariest Halloween moments were, we were surprised at some of the answers we got. "One time when I was in Berwyn me and my cousin got lost in Proksa Park and all these mummies started...

Scariest movies? New wins over old school at our school

Stephanie Ortega, Jacqueline Robles, Adan Ortiz, and Anthony Figueroa

October 29, 2018

Filed under Arts and Entertainment, Halloween Special

Here at Morton East, more students thought that The Conjuring was the scariest movie on Netflix  -- more than Children of the Corn and Insidious.   In a random survey of 130 Morton East students, 73 percent of the students said that they think The Conjuring is the scariest movie on Netflix. Accordin...

Teen interest in trick-or-treating is fading

Javier Zenteno, Leonardo Rodriguez, Leonel Palos, and Cristian Gutierrez

October 29, 2018

Filed under Community, Halloween Special, Student Life

At Morton East High School, 47 out of 103 students enjoy to trick-or-treat on Halloween.   According to Redbookmag.com, the tradition to trick or treat is over 2,000 years old and started with food and wine. Also, America spends about $3.8 billion on Halloween can...

Famous haunts: Chicago’s Congress Hotel has ghostly guests

Pony Express News, reporters

October 29, 2018

Filed under Community, Halloween Special

Indistinct haunting stories of the Congress Plaza hotel have lurked since the late 1800’s. Locals and tourists have gone their ways to visit the infamous and haunting hotel under their own will.   The Congress Plaza (located at 520 S...

The student news site of Morton East High School
Community