Changes in holiday this year, but spirit remains

Mayra Salazar, Reporter

This holiday has changed — from the purchase of presents to the Christmas dinner.

The gifts, the lights, the trees, and with the joy, you know that Christmas is near. (Mayra)

According to BBC News’s “Covid: Seven things that may be different this Christmas,” by Ian Westbrook, even though there are still many people who will host a Christmas meal, the meals will change. Some people will have to order in and others have to make smaller portions of food, therefore Christmas May not look the same. Many church services may still be conducted with the restrictions, meanwhile, others may cancel their annual meetings. Online shopping has become a bigger thing due to covid, yet even in these difficult times, people are going out of their way to get their loved ones gifts. Although many places things will change, in Cicero, 87% of people said their Christmas dinner won’t change, but 15 out of 17 say they will be spending less on gifts.

“Christmas shopping didn’t change much, Christmas shopping was the same as last year shopping both online and in-person, and when shopped in-person lines were that long,” said Marcos Cervantes graduated Morton student said

Unlike other students, some are doing online shopping and or going when most convenient.

“Most of my shopping is online, honestly, I haven’t started but I’m trying to do it when no one is in stores,” Senior at Morton West Carolina Herrejon said.

Some people’s dinner plans haven’t changed and still will take place

“Nothing much has changed with my family the only thing is the exchange of gifts at church,” said a community member Janneth Flores.

On behalf of the Morton Pony Express-News, have a safe happy holiday and break.