Students work during pandemic

Irene Carrera, Reporter

About half of Morton East students polled are actually working during the pandemic.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevent, until now, COVID-19 has brought a lot of stress to many people during these hard months. Prior to this, the ways you can manage stress during work are to have great communication with your coworkers, supervisors, and employees. Always keep 6 feet apart from each other, identify your stress to be able to find solutions. You can also spend some time outdoors, and practice mindfulness. You will find yourself stressed when you experience a lack of motivation, you start feeling tired, overwhelmed, angry, sad, depressed, and have trouble sleeping. Another thing that can also causes you stress is being concerned about being exposed to the virus at work, taking care of personal and family needs while working and finally adapting to a different workspace and schedule. In a random survey of 10 Morton East students & 10 Morton East Staff , 47% of students reported that they are working during this pandemic.

“It’s hard to understand people who don’t take this seriously.  I think President Trump did real harm when he turned mask-wearing into a political issue.  He has downplayed the virus from the beginning, and many of his supporters believe him over medical experts.  I think his lies about COVID have cost many lives.  Our country would be doing a lot better if we had a president and other leaders who took it seriously from the beginning,” Morton East Mrs. Brunelle said.

Coronavirus is something serious that many people have not taken seriously after thousands of people dying.

“Working at school and knowing I can be exposed to COVID-19 is extremely frightening, especially because I am the only one in my household not working from household not working from home,” Ms. Ortiz from Morton East said.

While others are not caring about the situation of COVID-19, others are frightened of getting sick and risking their families.

“I put a mask on, I sanitize often, and after every job, I wash my hands,” Cicero resident Alan Lopez said.

When working in the middle of a pandemic the way you can prevent getting sick is always keeping yourself sanitize.