Morton East Daycare Closing

Daycare+Closed%21
Back to Article
Back to Article

Morton East Daycare Closing

Daycare Closed!

Daycare Closed!

Daycare Closed!

Daycare Closed!

Daycare is finally closing at Morton East .

Approximately 40 girls get pregnant every year due to being sexually active. Morton east high school provides a day care center for the teenage mothers here at this school which provides help while they finish their high school career. The day care serves over 780 families in 4 different districts, the percentage of teenage pregnancies goes up every year.  

“I think it would be problematic because mothers who want to continue their education wouldn’t be able to take care of their kids if they don’t have someone to help them take care of their kids because they might be busy too. “Morton East Senior Yvette said 

Some people believe that the process of closing the daycare would be a positive reinforcement.  

closing the daycare saves the school money and makes space to have it be used for other things” Morton East Senior Allen said  

While the closing of the daycare may bring benefits for the school it may be overwhelming for the mothers and nerve-racking.   

“closing the daycare will cause problems with the mothers learning and affect them by not focusing the way they supposed to by always being worried that their kids’ well being if they aren’t near the mothers.” Morton East Senior Adan said 

If there wasn’t an improvement in the school there wouldn’t be any help and support, the girls wouldn’t be able to rely on the help the school provides. Therefore, there wouldn’t be as many pregnancies as there is a year.   

DISCLAIMER:  This MortONION article is entirely fabricated — false.  Be careful of FAKE NEWS!  Don’t spread lies. 

15 Responses to “Morton East Daycare Closing”

1. Jessica on April 22nd, 2019 9:24 am

One of the reasons i would find this believable is because of the image being added “DAYCARE CLOSED” in red letters just automatically catches my attention especially with starting the article with”40 girls get pregnant every year due to being sexually active”. One thing i did find questionable is why would they decide to close the daycare now after such a long time of successfully having it at our school. I would believe this if someone shared it because the image makes it look more realistic but if i didn’t read the disclaimer i would of probably sill believed it.

2. Emily Sanchez on April 22nd, 2019 9:25 am

Throughout the article there was a lot of believable context one of them being: “The day care serves over 780 families in 4 different districts, the percentage of teenage pregnancies goes up every year.” One questionable thing i found was “Therefore, there wouldn’t be as many pregnancies as there is a year.” This is questionable because the amount of pregnancy’s is uncontrollable & not having a day care will just increase the number of dropouts. If someone shared this I wouldn’t believe it because the school try’s to make everyone’s education their #1 priority.

3. Juliana Rodriguez on April 22nd, 2019 9:28 am

The quotes seemed really believable which made the article realistic. Although the statistic on the pregnancies was questionable maybe if they had a fake doctor back it up, it would’ve been more believable. If someone shared this article I would’ve believed it because the tittle seems realistic and why would anyone make up news about such a sensitive topic?

4. bertha de oca on April 22nd, 2019 9:37 am

There a lot of girls getting pregnant .They rely on the daycare to watch over there kids so that they can come to school. One thing i found questionable was that all the people who said they think the day care would be better for the moms and the school which i think is not true at all. I would have not believed this even if someone posted it and not knowing it was fake becuase they daycare is to reliable to not have it.

5. Javier hernandez on April 22nd, 2019 9:53 am

I found it believable that closing the the day care would save the school money and more space. I found it questionable that they would close the daycare because were would girls take their kids and most likely drop out. I wouldnt believe this article because this would increase the drop out rate for girls because no day care

6. Martha Terriquez on April 22nd, 2019 10:35 am

One thing i found believable about the article is how they said ” 40 years get pregnant every year due to being sexually active”.
    One thing i found questionable was when they said closing the daycare would save the school money. if they opened it in the first place then it shouldn’t be a problem spending money towards the daycare. Morton spends money on useless things; like the security car.
    I wouldn’t really believe the article because it just seems unreal to me.

7. Lissette Melgoza on April 22nd, 2019 10:36 am

One thing that I found believable was the facts stated in the beginning of the article. Now-a-days, a lot of girls are being sexually active and as a consequence of it many are getting pregnant. One thing that I found questionable is the main topic, I think its hard to believe that the school would be closing the daycare because now that a lot of girls are getting pregnant, a lot of helpful resources are given to them to support them. I wouldn’t believe it if I saw it on social media I wouldn’t believe it because now schools are being more supportive, and closing daycare would just increase dropout rates.

8. Stephanie Barajas on April 22nd, 2019 10:41 am

One thing I found believable was that they would close the daycare so it would benifit the school and also it would lower pregnancies. One thing I questioned myself was how were they going to let all the teenage moms without a daycare if they have been doing it for years. I would have believed it because it seemed real with statistics and everything.

9. Jennifer Hernandez on April 22nd, 2019 10:42 am

I believed this Article to be true at first because it started off with saying approximately 40 girls get pregnant every year due to being more sexually active which seems very accurate especially now a days I did question it only because the school is very good with helping out young moms and helping them get their education rather then making it harder on them the daycare makes it easier and is a huge help speaking from experience daycare has helped me out a lot in getting my education and staying on track , and no I wouldn’t believe this if I saw it without knowing it was fake

10. Jose Moctezuma on April 22nd, 2019 11:34 am

this is seems really believable because there a lot of girls getting prego.

11. Destiny Alonso on April 22nd, 2019 11:49 am

One thing that is believable is the headline. One thing that is questionable is why would they close the daycare if they have good services for students with babies and what is the main reason for closing? If someone has shared this I would believe it if it provided more of a reason as to why its closing.

12. Clarissa Marroquin on April 22nd, 2019 11:51 am

I found this article believable because their are many young students getting pregnant , and some are at this school. One thing i found questionable is how they are closing it and but it seems like it is for only benefit reasons. why not keep the daycare open for the mothers who really need the child care and still want to get educated? I would believe this article if it were posted online because Morton does have a daycare and they need the benefits.

13. Jasmine Flores on April 22nd, 2019 10:22 pm

I found all the quotes from the senior students to be believable, they made valid points. However, I found their facts to be questionable especially, “therefore, there wouldn’t be as many pregnancies as there is a year.” due to there not being a daycare. Also, the school deciding to shut it down is questionable, given plenty of students rely on it and seems to be successful.

14. Jonathan Ochoa on April 26th, 2019 8:47 am

I find this article to not be believable because many students depend on this to get they’re education. Something I found believable were what the students said because they made some good quotes that I would believe. I wouldn’t believe this because morton wants to help students get they’re education and this would go against what they stand for.

15. Miguel Solis on April 26th, 2019 8:52 am

I thought it was fake because where are all these students suppose to leave their kid and still study. Are there really 780 families being helped. No I didn’t think it was real.

Morton East Daycare Closing