Nightmares, monsters and abandonment are our favorite themes this holiday

Ashley Charola, Reporter

This holiday, the students of Morton responded to the question, “What is your favorite movie to watch over the holidays?” The three movies that were repeatedly mentioned were The Grinch, Home Alone, and The Nightmare Before Christmas. 

According to Goodhousekeeping.com, these three movies are featured in their list of The 70 best Christmas movies of all time. Interestingly these movies are each very special, with Home alone being the most-watched Christmas movie and earning $285 million at the box office thirty years ago. Although The Grinch came out in 2018 it is the latest animated version of an all-time favorite and kids love it, making no Christmas list complete without it. Lastly, The Nightmare Before Christmas is significant because the movie is a blend of two holidays that people love, Christmas and Halloween.

“One of my favorite movies to watch would probably have to be the grinch. I love the new movie that came out and the previous one as well. It’s pretty funny and it’s a good storyline personally,“ Senior Mayra Salazar said.  

Not everyone agrees; some students enjoy other favorites or classics to watch during Christmas time to get into the holiday spirit.

“Although there are a few, a favorite movie of mine to watch during the holidays would have to be Gremlins. Gremlins isn’t necessarily a “ Christmas movie” but the movie itself does take place during Christmas,” Senior Daniel Ornelas said.

Have a happy holiday and break.