Best Memes of 2020

Maria Gutierrez, Reporter

‘Skipping school then vs now’ was the most popular meme of 2020 according to Morton East Students and Families.  

In a random survey of 117 Morton East’s students and families, 21 said that the “Skipping School then VS Now” was the best Meme of 2020. Interestingly skipping school before was to go to Mcdonalds, and some still skip to go to Mcdonalds.  

“Back in my days when I did skip school everyone had to agree on it or none of us skipped, we just didn’t go into class, but it was called “hacerte la pinta,” Martha Garibay said.  

‘Kids in 2055…’ came in second place with 19 of the votes. Interestingly a lot of events occurred back-to-back which did seem like every week 

“Definitely the first meme because a new life-changing event occurred every six seconds in 2020 and honestly, I can see the history books and APUSH tests from here. Calling this year historic is an understatement.” a Morton East Student said.  

‘My brain stops working when this pops up’ came in third place with 18 of the votes.  

“My brain doesn’t function properly or I’m too slow and too cautious for everything,” a Morton student said.  

‘The year ends in a month; THE DECADE ENDS IN A MONTH’ received the least votes 

“The fact that not everybody realized that, because of all the other things going on is funny to me,” said a Morton East student.  

Best Meme of 2020
1st Place
2nd Place
3rd Place