Career Profile: Becoming an Elementary Teacher.

Elementary school teachers teach students from kindergarten to sixth grade. They teach children the skills they need to be successful when they grow up. Elementary teachers often teach many subjects to one class and you have to be ready to make lesson plans for future classes.

Who can do this ?  Anyone can do this if you have the patience with little kids and good social skills. Someone who loves being involved. If you have a passion for teaching and helping students this job is perfect for you.

What does it take?  To become an Elementary teacher you will need your Bachelor’s degree, and a licensure. You also might need to be majored in a specific content area, such as Math or English.

Where can you get it?  You can get this degree at a University.

When can you do it ? It takes about 4 years to become an Elementary teacher.

Why should you do it?  Some benefits you get by becoming a teacher is getting Medical insurance, paid vacation, and paid sick days. Teachers are also eligible for a wide variety of teaching grants.

How much you will make?  The Annual salary for Elementary teachers is $57,730.

The person I interviewed was Bianca Frutos, she is a 4th grade teacher at Roosevelt Elementary.

Q:  How did you get into this career?

A:  I started by looking at all the opportunities I had and made the decision that I  want to start teaching so I started doing my Gen Eds and then transferred to North Eastern Illinois.

Q: Are there many opportunities in your field?

AIt depends on what you are really interested in.

Q: What should people do to get started to become a teacher?

A:  To start getting on the correct road, get your Gen Eds done at a community college and save the most money you can.

Q: What are your biggest challenges?

A: My biggest challenge is making sure every students understands every skill that they need to grow and learn.

Q: What are other jobs you could  do with the skills you have gained in this field?

A: Other jobs you can do are become a teacher for Pre School, or High School.

Q: Do you really like your job as a teacher?

A: Yes, I  love my job! Teaching and helping students is something I will always love, it makes me happy that I can  wake up every morning and be excited to teach.

Q: What is required to become a teacher?

A: You need to have a licensure,  a Bachelors Degree.

Q: Which college is good for starting off to become a teacher?

A: North Eastern, Illinois State University,  Southern Illinois University and Northwest University.

Q: When did you want to become a teacher?

A: I started to think about being a teacher since I was in High School. It caught my attention really fast.

Q: What is some advice that you would give to someone who wants to become a teacher?

A: Don’t give up, always think positive when you are struggling and have tons of patience.

Q: Where did you go to college to get your career, was it expensive?

A: I went to college at North Eastern Illinois, it was not very expensive, it is a very good school to become a teacher.

Pony Express News • Copyright 2018 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in