Fraction of students ride bikes to school

The majority of Morton East students don’t ride their bikes to school.

Riding bikes to school helps children build strong bones, muscle joints and it decreases the risk of obesity. Just 15 minutes of cycling to school could make a real difference to your child’s fitness. The number of cycling to school alone has rapidly decreased. In a random survey of 100 Morton East students only 24 ride their bike to school.

“My bike cost $300 and up.  I got it used for $150 because my friend sold it to me last year. It’s a Schwinn Axios aluminum; it’s really light and I recommend it to everyone that ride their bike to school like me,” sophomore Brian Placencia said.

Both Brian and Jiovanny ride their bikes to school.

“Well I feel great about riding my bike to school. Also because both of my parents work so I don’t got a ride to school so I just bike it,” senior Jiovanny  Alejandre said.

Unlike Jiovanny, Alfonso rides his bike to school for other reasons.

“I really enjoy riding my bike for fun whenever it’s warm enough outside. It reminds me of the summer I reminisce a lot of how I would bike with my friends in Chicago at night around the beach and just experiencing life to its fullest, senior Alfonso Hernandez said.

Alfonso could take a recommendation from Angel Benitez for future bike purposes.

“I recommended Dan’s bike shop right on Roosevelt and East! Really expensive and the upmost quality of racing bikes. Go and get your money’s worth,” sophomore Angel Benitez said.

Although these students feel great while riding their bike’s to school other feel to tired when they do that.

“I get to tired when I ride my bike to school. I hate it when my parent cant take me because they work and my house its to far and that’s why I hate it,” senior Brian Perez said.