Prom arrival

Getting a party bus is a good option for transporting multiple people safely.

Most Morton East students are getting dropped off on prom night.

Prom has been around as early as the 19th century. Transportation has always been an issue. Nationwide 67% of teens rent a limo for prom and 79% of teens drove themselves or rode with peers to prom. In a survey from 100 Morton East student  48.5% of students said they were going to be dropped of, 10% said they were going to rent a ride and 39.8% said they will drive themselves  to prom. Moreover everyone has their opinions and point of view.

Every year Morton East High school theater students present a scenario of driving under the influence on prom night — called Operation Prom.  The purpose of this is to demonstrate how tragic driving under the influence could be and it could influence some students to get other types of transportation like getting dropped off by a designated driver.

“I would like to think that every kid is going to make good choices that night in terms of what they do, to me the safest thing if kids aren’t going to make good choices would be somebody else driving them whether it’d be Uber, a party bus, a coach bus, school bus, limo, something of that nature,” assistant principal Borgardt said.

An example of someone who is going  to make good decisions is senior Stefania Alcantar.

“I don’t think I would want my friend driving me late at night if they are under the influence because that isn’t safe. I don’t want prom night to be my last night,” Stefania said.

Other reasons students will choose getting dropped off will be because they’ll be able to chose their arrival time.

“I’m going to arrive fashionably late, that’s who I  am and I have lots of people that need to see my dress,” senior Carmorroa said.