Morton East students play video games

Morton East students play games in school.

Student(Diego Rodriguez) playing Fortnite in class when he should be doing assignment.

In a random survey of 100 Morton East students 64 students said they play games on their phones during class and 36 said they don’t. In a year Apple users downloaded 1.3 billion apps and Android downloaded 1.4 to 1.5 billion apps a year, the average person downloads 3 apps month(statisca).

This student played games in school but changed his ways and now plays at home.

“I started playing playing video games during class in sophomore year, in first hour and still (managed)to pass with an A. Got my games through inside sources. Currently I am playing super smash Flash 2 but I play it at home or if I want to play here any hour,” Speaker of the house in government senior David Ortiz said.

Another student that can relate to David is sophomore Jose that plays in class.

” I have gotten in trouble for playing Fortnite, I’m at the point where I get a detention by my teacher(if caught),” sophomore Jose Gonzalez Said.

A teacher that is already fed up with students playing games during class is Kent Frankfother.

“Of course I caught them before, I have never caught a girl playing video game and, some boys are even repeat offenders,” English teacher Kent Frankfother said

3 Responses to “Morton East students play video games”

1. Maximus Comas on May 7th, 2018 9:50 am

That’s what happens when gamers get popular games on mobile devices. Most of the times gamers get so into a game they have to play said popular game to break a new score or do better than they did in their last play through. Also Fortnite came to iPhone so we should’ve say this whole ordeal coming. I’m pretty sure that’s the whole reason students are getting detentions for playing on their phone.

[Reply]

2. Israel Estrada on May 7th, 2018 11:54 am

I personally don’t play games at school unless I’m in supervisory because what Jose is doing isn’t allowed and should have a worse punish because this situation happens too often with little to no results in the students behavior. Some students, like Jose, should be doing an assignment but are playing a game on their phone, which then gives them a bad grade in that class.

[Reply]

3. Jeremy Cabrera on May 7th, 2018 12:06 pm

I am a bit of a gamer myself but there is no reason at all to get in trouble over it. Gaming should stay outside of school unless students have an enormous amount of free time or in supervision. Although, I know why there are more students getting in trouble. It is due to the game called Fortnite. Many students in Morton play it and it actually lives up to its “hype”.

[Reply]

Morton East students play video games