Are you allowed to have some senior fun?

A view from the Odyssey

Only seniors who meet the requirements can attend the end of the year senior activities. 

The end of the year is the most exciting part for students, but even more for high school seniors because of all the great senior activities. Senior breakfast is going to be held at Navy Pier on the Odyssey on May 21, as an end of the year reward for senior graduates.  This event is going to be held from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm but students will return by 2:50 pm.  The requirements need to be surpassed to attend the senior breakfast and other activities.  Students need to be passing their classes which means no I’s or E’s, and they also cannot have more than a max of 9 absences.  For those students who have passed the max of unexcused/excused absences, their cases must be appealed to assistant principal Mr. Randy Bogard to attend. (However, all appeals ended on March 29; no more will be scheduled.) 

“I think that the purpose behind senior breakfast is so that we can create our last memories with the people we spent these last 4 years with.   I mean it basically is the last time we will all be together in the same place at the same time because who knows what life has for us after high school,” senior Tania Venegas said.  

Even high school journalism teacher Kent Frankfother thinks that senior activities are in fact a way to spend time with your fellow classmates with your pears for the last time. 

“I think it’s not an award for good behavior, but rather a last voyage you get to take with your peers,” Frankfother said. 

This is a memory we will cherish for the rest of our lives.  

“Is a one in a life time experience, you will never be a senior in high school ever again.”  senior Ashley Contreras