Does East believe in horoscopes? No, not so much

CHECK YOUR HOROSCOPE!  What do the stars have in store for you?

CHECK YOUR HOROSCOPE! What do the stars have in store for you?

Jennifer Rodriguez and Sarahi Rangel

I guess what’s in the stars doesn’t matter here; Horoscopes don’t seem to be a big part of student lives.

In a survey of 120 Morton East high school students 66% said that they don’t believe or follow horoscopes, while only 34% said they do. Horoscopes can be seen or found everywhere. You see them in the news, magazines, social medias and are even mentioned on TV.  According to astrologers.com, horoscopes are believed to have developed in ancient Egypt and later adopted by the Babylonians. Babylonia was an ancient Akkadian-speaking state emerged in 1894BC. According to wikipedia.com, the horoscopes serve as a stylized map of the heavens over a specific location at a particular moment in time. 

“Horoscopes aren’t really something you take seriously. They’re just there for entertainment,” junior Melissa Hernadez said. 

Hernandez isn’t the only person who doesn’t fully believe in horoscopes. 

” I do not believe in my horoscope because it never says anything true about me,” senior Karen Trujillo said. 

There are others who are actually unsure on the credibility horoscopes offer. 

“I kind off do believe in horoscopes but at the same time, I don’t. There are times were horoscopes are giving fake information, and there are times they’re not,” sophomore Anthony Erickson said. 

Though the credibility of horoscopes can’t truly be trusted, that doesn’t stop students from believing in them.  

“I personally do believe horoscopes because every time it somehow relates to my current situations,” sophomore Bryan Rodriguez said. 

He isn’t the only one who has been in a situation where horoscopes somehow end up fitting perfectly to their life situations. 

“I do believe in horoscopes because I have had things come true from what it said. One time it said I was going to have new opportunities and it actually happened,” college student Dulce Rangel said.

Interested in your horoscope? try this site:

http://horoscopes.huffingtonpost.com/

1 Comment

One Response to “Does East believe in horoscopes? No, not so much”

1. Giselle on February 6th, 2018 11:03 am

This was a pretty interesting topic. I liked how you guys talked about both sides of the argument. I’m not so much of a believer myself but I see what other people mean about the credibility that people have about horoscopes and the information that it gives out.