Still supporting the USMNT? East does!

Will Morton East students still support the USMNT even though they didn’t qualify for the 2018 World Cup?  It seems yes, they will.

The World Cup is a soccer tournament held every 4 years. Where soccer teams from all over the world compete to be the best in the world. The U.S failed to qualify for the World Cup after losing to Trinidad and Tobago. In a random survey of 100 Morton East students, 45% said that they will not support the U.S for not qualifying for the World Cup.

“I feel like they should have gone, they were in first in their group,” senior Cristopher Guzman said.

Although Christopher wanted the U.S to qualify, others don’t support the team like he does.

“Doesn’t really bother me, they tried their best, and didn’t make it, oh well,” senior Daniel Mateos said.

Solis and Mateos both have different opinions about the USMNT not qualifying for the World cup.

“I don’t really mind that the U.S didn’t qualify for the world cup because ill be supporting mexico which they qualified,” senior Saul Solis said

2 Responses to “Still supporting the USMNT? East does!”

1. uriel sotelo on May 7th, 2018 8:30 am

To be completely honest, the USMNT was complete trash this year. Ive never been one to support the US when it comes to soccer but man this was bad. Hopefully they get their act together, so they could actually be respected again.

2. Felipe on May 7th, 2018 10:43 am

Its extremly dissapointing that one of the biggest countries in the world with a solid team failed to qualify for the biggest sporting event in history. The team was horrendous versus Trinidad and Tobago, it is a pain for USMNT supporters to not qualify and much more painful in the way which they failed to qualify versus a small nation. Hopefully they recover from this miss and work hard to qualify to the next World Cup.

Still supporting the USMNT? East does!